How to Join
It's easier than ever to become a shareholder of Honest Weight Food Co-op.
Become part of our member-owned community and see all that it will bring. Just fill out a membership application and bring it to the customer service desk along with your first share payment.
To join you must buy a share and become a part owner of the Honest Weight. A share costs $100.
You can choose a payment plan that works for you:
- $100 payment in full
- $10 deposit & $8.45/month for 11 months
- $15 deposit & $15.69 every 6 months for 3 years
- $10 deposit & $10.55 every 6 months for 5 years
Payments can be paid at any time either by mail or at the Customer Service Desk. Share payment information is available whenever a member-owner checks in or out for work. If you choose to end your membership to Honest Weight, your member-owner share will be refunded.
As a member-owner you are expected to:
- Make timely share payments,
- Remember that the co-op depends upon working members to keep the operations of your store running smoothly,
- Only member-owners who are up to date on share payments and work hours may vote at meetings and on referenda.
- Each household member-owner, 18 years and older is expected to purchase a share. Children under 18 years old living in a household do not purchase a share or count as members.
The Board of Directors and You
All members are represented by an elected board of directors. Board members serve 3-year terms and are elected at the Annual Meeting each April.
Any member-owner who is current with share payments and work requirements may run for election to the board and may vote for board candidates.
Member-owners are invited to attend monthly board meetings. Dates and times are published in our monthly newsletter and posted in the store as well as the board minutes and other member-related information.